IEDC at College
INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CENTRE.
Startups are seen as the sunrise sector in the country today. Various initiatives are been taken by the governmentto promote startups. Kerala has been promoting the entrepreneurial culture among the young generation for the last couple of years. Government's endeavor is to build an entrepreneurial society in the state by bringing the youth in the mainstream. Of lately the youth have been coming forward in large numbers to opt for entrepreneurship as their career. To tap this vast potential the Government of Kerala has come up with various projects and schemes to provide an effective startup ecosystem for the youth of the state .
As part of its ongoing initiatives in this domain and to bring more youth in the mainstream, proposals were invited from colleges all over the state for opening Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre by the Kerala Startup Mission, Government of Kerala.
St. Thomas College, Ranni is one among the 210 colleges of the state to receive the sanction for establishing an Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IEDC) in the college. As a part of it our college has received a grant of Rs 2 lakhs for this academic year.
- To channalise the energy and knowledge of students towards becoming active partners in development of society.
- To catalyse and promote development of entrepreneurial activities and promote employment opportunities.
- To develop an healthy startup ecosystem.
- To mentor students for identification and development of their innovative ideas.
- To organise orientation classes,workshops and hackathons for students.
- To provide proper guidance and technical assistance to students.
One day workshop on "Startups and Entrepreneurship"
Chase the vision,not the money,the money will endup following you". —Tony Hsieh The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre,...